Westminster Palace Gardens is a Grade II listed property of considerable historic interest, particularly in the ornate, terracotta friezes that run the length of the facade at first and second level. The building was designed by the architect Charles Pawley in 1897-99 and has recently undergone extensive restoration undertaken by Szerelmey.
The ground floor facade of the imposing building is clad in predominantly blue and green faience tiles with red brick and stone above and a slate roof. In the centre of the facade is a two storey former carriage archway to a courtyard beyond, flanked by pilasters supporting a segmental pediment. Szerelmey replaced a large number of isolated faience elements, matching like-for-like through UK specialists Hathern and in addition carried out sympathetic hand cleaning to the intricate terracotta frieze above the entrance.
The team continued the programme of restoration through isolated leadwork repair and refurbishment of the windows, and complete cleaning and repair of the red brick Victorian facade, rear facade and courtyard elements.